Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Valentine's Day





Valentine's Day.



Romance. Candy hearts. Red, red roses.

Spending LOTS of money (particularly if you're a guy).

All because we're told to. That's not how the day started. Actually, it was kindof messy.

But is it really romantic to spend a fortune just because it's socially expected? I don't think so.

I'm not saying you can't have a nice, sweet, special Valentine's day. All I'm saying is that it isn't going to mean a whole lot if it isn't backed up by a year of "spontaneous Valentines" ... doing sporadic and unexpected acts of romance to your loved one throughout the year.

Without that, Valentine's day is just a waste of money.

I'm not saying don't celebrate. I'm just saying: don't relegate romance and chivalry and showing love to one day a year. Make it habit.

picture credit

No comments: