Monday, June 23, 2008

"I Don't Want to Take Life for Granted Like I Used to"

Pretty self-explanatory. Very true. When I was a child I marveled at the world, the way things were, I wondered about life. As I grew the world became commonplace. A routine. Something to get through. I "woke up" one day. Realized what I was missing. "I don't want to take life for granted like I used to." I live. I love. I sing. I dream. I pray. I wonder. I praise. Instead of commonplace, the world is marvelous once more. I never want to lose the wonder. My friend (who has since left the blogging world) inspired me when he penned these words:

I wonder at the world I see
I marvel at its mystery
Who am I to have this glimpse of God?
Why should He reveal himself to me?

At night the outspread starscape shines
Reminding us to look between the lines
The sleeper to his sweetest dream may cling
But I must rise to [all] creation sing
Knowing not the words I simply stand amazed
And let my wonder be my greatest praise

I've been told I should always comment on a quote. I don't think it's necessary right now. That pretty much sums it up.

No comments: