Tuesday, December 8, 2015

#StorytimeChristmasCountdown Day 8: The King's Christmas List





The King's Christmas List
by: Eldon Johnson
Picture Book

A Nice Story (that's One Big Advertisement)

I liked the message to children that Christmas is not about getting gifts, and I liked how it emphasized that whatever you do to the least of these is a gift to Jesus. I thought it fell short in that it never mentioned Gods gift to us (salvation) and how that is the best gift ever. The book also felt a little cheapened by feeling like an advertisement at the end where it leads into two organizations you can give to to help others in need. Not that I have a problem with the organizations (I've given to World Vision before) but it felt a little gimmicky. Overall, though, still a good reminder/lesson for all of us.

3 stars


To see other books in the #StorytimeChristmasCountdown Collection, click here.

No comments: