Friday, February 2, 2007

On Time-Saving Machines



I shall endeavor to write on time-saving machines, particularly on the washing machine, the dryer, and the dish washer. All of these were invented under the guise of saving time. No longer would you have to take time to hand wash or dry your dishes or clothes. This would free you up to spend more time relaxing. The catch? Oh yes, you must pay for these time-saving devices, and, unfortunately for you, this means working longer hours for otherwise you could not afford to pay to save time. Oh the absurdity of it all! But they sold - all of them, in fact they are now considered essential for most Americans, and I daresay, most of the rest of the world. I have a new proposition: work less hours, don't buy these machines. I daresay many people would end up with more family time or quality time in general. I doubt many people will give the proposal a try, though. Why not, you ask? Ask yourself the same question, I surmise the answer, in effect, to be "Why, I do not have the time!"

original image source

No comments: