Thursday, May 24, 2007

Do You Really Think He Cares?

Today I heard someone mention that John Edwards was paid a crazy sum of money to address the issue to poverty. I thought "surely not" though I knew I would not be shocked if this report was, indeed, true. The report is true. He was paid $55,000 to speak on the issue of poverty at University of California at Davis. Please. If you were really that concerned about poverty give your speech for free. That way people can afford to hear you speak, and might actually be inspired to do something. I mean it's not like Edwards actually needed that $55 thousand.

(Sources below)
San Fransisco Chronicle
Media Matters for America
Texas Rainmaker
Associated Content
News Busters
Scared MonkeysAOL News
Digg News

1 comment:

Austin Milan said...

Considering that this same man has had the $200 haircut and the like(which is essentially a combover) I'm not too surprised.

In Christ,
Austin
WWW