Monday, April 9, 2007

My heart is not a box with a lock in a five and dime store.

Many people today sell their heart to others on a whim.

  • "Oh he's different"
  • "She would never break my heart ... we're perfect for each other ya know?"
  • "I learned my lesson last time"
  • "But he's just so cute!"

    The concept of purity, saving--not just your body--but your heart, emotions, thoughts, and such for one person and only one person, is outdated. This is evident in the movies being made today, in the songs on the radio, in the books published. American Idol should be enough evidence in and of itself.

    What did Haley do last week? She took a song meant for one person and turned it into a flirt session singing to seemingly multiple people: "I'm gonna save my love for you ..." Taking a stand is hard: whether male or female, old or young, rich or poor. It is easy to just go with the flow, and not stir up trouble. But if you hold something dear you shouldn't sell out what you hold dear. Not only is it not good for you, but you will regret it one day. I'll promise you that. I pray that you all take a strong stand for purity. It will not be a decision you eternally regret.

    picture credit
  • 1 comment:

    lovetheunlovely said...

    Thanks for your encouraging words.