- 1 pound pasta - I used elbow macaroni as it is what I has on hand.
- 1 lb chicken breast, give or take, cubed into small pieces
- 2 bell peppers - I had a yellow and a green on hand
- 1 large onion - I had a medium so I used it and a couple shakes onion powder
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 jar Prego sauce (24 oz), your choice - I used Fresh Mushroom
- Blue Cheese Dressing
- 2 cups shredded cheese - I mixed mozerella and extra sharp cheddar
- 6 slices American cheese (this would probably be better if you just used additional shredded cheese in its stead, but I was for ease at this point)
- Rib seasoning
- Garlic powder
Use an oven-proof skillet. Anolon (my favorite) is only oven safe to 400, so I used my largest iron skillet
- Heat oven to 450. Cook pasta and drain when it is finished cooking.
- Cut up your chicken, onion, and bell peppers. Season chicken with rib rub. Dice or slice the peppers and onion, your choice. Heat oil in skillet and add chicken, onion, and bell peppers. Cook till chicken is not pink, and onions and peppers are tender.
- Add Prego, add several shakes garlic powder and a nice sprinkling of oregano and basil. Stir. Put a nice swirl of blue cheese dressing on top and incorporate (this helps make it creamy). Add drained pasta (Sadly, I lost a good cup or so of pasta to the garbage disposal when I was draining. *sniff*), stir. Add in 2 cups of shredded cheese.
- I removed from the heat when I was adding in the cheese. Next top with your slices of American cheese, or with additional shredded cheese. Transfer skillet into the oven and cook for 8 minutes. When cheese is melted and the dish is bubbling it is done. Set on a trivet or hot pad for 5 minutes to allow it to cool a little.
This post does contain affiliate links; thank you for your support.