Monday, December 7, 2015

#StorytimeChristmasCountdown Day 7: Danger on a Silent Night




Danger on a Silent Night (an Adventures in Odyssey Imagination Station book)
by: Marianne Hering and Nancy I. Sanders
Chapter Book

Good Retelling with an Important Message

I was quite nervous going into this book as I was unimpressed with Showdown with the Shepherd - the other retold Bible story for AIO Imagination Station series. In that story I felt that too many liberties had been taken & was concerned about what might be done to the birth of Jesus.

The book doesn't actually take place when Jesus is born (as the title seems to imply) but when the wise men arrive a little later.

I was very pleased with how the story was handled and that giving to the poor and your family are noted as acceptable & commendable ways to celebrate Jesus & share his love.

To my surprise, this is one of the best books in the series.

The larger than usual font, nice margins, simple language, and oversized illustrations make this book (& series) perfect for young readers. Recommend.


4 stars


To see other books in the #StorytimeChristmasCountdown Collection, click here.

No comments: